Do you need to make a correction to an event posted on the calendar?
Unfortunately, the calendar tool we use does not at this time allow event publishers to sign in and correct events. And given that there are hundreds of events each month and that event listings are free, we do not make changes either.
Here are your options —
- Ignore the error if it’s inconsequential.
- Request that the event be deleted and then resubmit it.
- Pay for a correction.
Ignore the fix if it’s inconsequential.
Going forward, the most effective way to ensure an accurate listing is to copy and paste all your information from another source, such as a press release or your website. One of the most common mistakes people make is not adding the event time, which then by default becomes an all-day event. Filling your event submission form out fully and accurately helps prevent errors. Copy and paste as much you can.
Request that the event be deleted and then resubmit it.
Request an event deletion (process outlined below) and then resubmit your event by clicking on the Post Your Event button.
Pay for a correction.
If you prefer to have us make the correction vs uploading your event a second time, kindly —
- Send $19 to email@example.com via PayPal.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the requested change.
- Include the link to your event on our calendar, or send the exact event title name to us.
How to get an event deleted
- First, find the event you want deleted on the calendar.
- Copy the event listing URL.
- Send an email email@example.com and include the event URL in your email.
- Type “delete event request” or something similar in the email subject line.
Event deletion is a free service. We will probably get to your request within a day or two.
Always send the TotallyHoco event link when contacting us
As there are several hundred events per month with well over 4,000 events listed, in order to find the event you’re referencing in any emails you send us, kindly include the URL.
Pending event approvals
Also, so that you know, all events are manually reviewed by a person for quality control and to ensure that the events are in Howard County. Pending events are typically reviewed, approved and published in the morning on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Thanks for your understanding!
Please remember, your event listing is free, and it comes with a free inclusion in our weekly newsletter and a free auto-tweet. We do our best to provide a quality community calendar … and we’ve got other things on our plates too!
Jessie Newburn & Crew